On-line In-service and Compliance
Healthcare companies find that complying with Accrediting body’s training requirements are some of the hardest aspects of accreditation. It’s not enough to just make the training available. Companies find:
- Its difficult to motivate the aides to complete the training
- Aides may have had the training from other agencies and do not want to repeat the training,
- Often aides cannot find their training Certificate Of Completion and are not able to get records form their prior employers.
- Its difficult to get the aides off the job and into the office to participate in the training.
- Its difficult to track the training status for all aides
- Its difficult to provide proof of training status for all aides to an accreditation agency
Companies suffering with increasing Workers Compensation rates or threats of being dropped by their carrier will benefit by adding In-Service training. Adding a training program is one of the Insurance Carriers requirements when your risk profile increases.
Some Federal, State and Local governments require Home Healthcare companies to perform activities that are difficult to meet. STARR provides custom processing tools allowing employers to meet these requirements easily.
If your business has difficulty meeting any requirements involving any kind of employee training or communications, STARR will help solve your problem. E.g., New Jersey requires clients be notified of a companion’s name and training prior to the aide showing up for a shift. This is known as the “Companion Letter” requirement. Companies find this regulation very difficult to meet, especially when there is an employee callout. STARR makes meeting this requirement trivial.
STARR Services include Training modules that address the In-Service Training requirements of the following Accrediting bodies:
- Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- Commission on Accreditation for Home Care (CAHC)
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- National Institute of Home Care Accreditation (NIHCA)